Tuesday, April 04, 2006

please don't take away my membership card!

I have not been much of a blogger lately. Even worse...I haven't been much of a knitter either. Guess what I've been doing on the bus these days. Reading! Some how this has become a better distraction for the ride in the mornings.

It's not that I don't want to knit. I just don't seem to be able to get into it. I suddenly have a bunch of things to coordinate, and knitting has dropped out of focus. I already mentioned the wedding. But, there's another milestone that I will be passing soon...The big three-to-the-0.

AF and I have been planning a birthday celebration. We've rented a cabin along the Appalachian trail in Virginia, and some of my friends will be joining us. Originally, I asked him to plan it for me. Unfortunately, between my desire to have exactly what I want and his laidback things-will-just-happen attitude, it became pretty obvious that I should "assist" in the planning. So, the last week has been spent working out the details of who should bring what. And, with any luck, it should be a nice relaxing weekend.

I haven't decided if I will bring any knitting out with me. I do, however, plan on trying to finish the book during the drive.

No comments: