Tuesday, March 21, 2006

updates...

Life has become hectic in a very subtle since picking a date for my wedding. I may be putting undue pressure on myself to get this thing planned, but I don't think so. But, just in case anyone is wondering, here's a recap...

Auggie (cat): I took her back to the vet last week and they seem to think her leg will continue to show improvement. She's in excellent spirits and has started chasing things and jumping more, but the leg is still weak. I stopped dwelling over my cat once I saw her jump up on the forbidden dining table. I figured that if she's well enough to get on furniture she's not allowed on, she must be doing A-OK. The vet also wants me to get a sonogram of her heart to see if her vaccinations brought out a pre-existing condition. I will probably see how things look in another week and think about getting a second opinion.

Knitting: I have another finished object, my Retro rib Socks. They're not the most spectacular looking project, but I'm glad I finished something. I also ripped out the 2nd piece of Butterfly. I strung the beads, and picked up stitches again. I'm about halfway through the body decreases, and hope to have this project finished by the end of the month.

Yarn diet: I cheated! I'm not ending the diet..I just made a calculated addition to the stash. Last week Elann released some of their Peruvian Collection Baby Silk, and I wanted to make sure I got some before they sold out. This will most likely be used to knit a shawl to wear at the wedding. Although DC is still warm in late-Sept, it can cool off at night.

Wedding: I am thinking of starting another blog, where I blab about wedding planning...

1 comment:

Maya said...

I like the idea of the wedding blog!

I have actually managed not to buy any yarn since I got all that kool wool you told me about. Amazing.