Monday, May 08, 2006

chart 1, complete...

The first chart of the shawl went by very quickly. In fact, I finished it late Friday afternoon. I snapped a few pictures, but haven't taken the time to upload them.

I have also made a good deal of progress on Chart 2. So far, the lace pattern that makes up the stems is pretty easy to follow. I'm about halfway, and already I'm wondering how long I will be able to take this project on the bus. When I finish this chart, I will have 195 stitches. It's definitely not the largest project that I've taken to work with me, but I don't think I will want to travel with it if it gets too cumbersome. Oh well, I'll see what happens.

So far I really like the yarn. It's very soft and has very little shedding. At the same time there is a bit of a halo.

No comments: