Thursday, October 26, 2006

new project (non-knitting related)

The apartment is still waiting for new windows. As I mentioned, this was the latest excuse letting things slip into a chaotic state. Even though our unit isn't schuduled this week, it's time to concentrate on making the apartment more appealing (and livable).

AF and I moved into this apartment last November, and were quickly occupied by the Holiday season. We painted before moving in the furniture, but didn't really take the time to organize everything. The closests filled up first, in a technique affectionately known in our household as a "landgrab." So, needless to say AF stuffed everything he could into closest to get it out of sight and out of mind. (To be honest, it's been on my mind!) Now, with wedding gifts, we have even more stuff and nowhere to put it.

Fast forward through the Holidays, and the new year. The next big obstacle came in March when we set the date for our wedding. Getting things out of boxes took a backseat, and we learned to live with random items in corners. We even forewent our Spring Cleaning ritual.

Even without the windows done, it's time to make my move. I'm joining the Apartment Therapy Fall Cure. I'm getting a late start, but better late than never. Fates be willing, I should be able to finish the overhaul in time for New Year's! I can't think of a better way to start 2007.

I have already gotten the book and done the first reading assignment. AF says he's on board! Hopefully, I can get him to do the reading and take the quizes this weekend.

1 comment:

Maya said...

If I weren't so busy with school, I'd join you. I still haven't finished unpacking and organizing, especially since I didn't get to pack and move in any sort of organized fashion.