Friday, July 20, 2007

14*/35...

I have been working on my Log Cabin Blanket off and on since February. When I started, I calculated that I would need to knit a little more than one block per week to have things complete in time for their September wedding. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned.

I knit many of the 15 completed blocks while riding the bus to and from work. This is a very portable project...It's also a very monotonous project. After a few weeks, I got a little bored with it, and knit a couple pairs of socks. Then life got really busy, and I had little time to breath...much less knit. Now, with only a little more than 7 weeks until the wedding, I find myself only with 40% of the squares needed for the originally blanket design.


*Technically, it should be 15/35, but one of my squares has gone AWOL.

I will need to knit almost 3 blocks a week to meet the deadline! I'm not sure I can make it on time, but I'm going to keep plugging along. I'm devoting today to log cabin knitting. I had a few chores to wrap up this morning, and I will now install myself on the sofa for miles and miles of garter stitch.

No comments: