Thursday, September 13, 2007

the part that I forgot...

Back in February, when I started the Log Cabin Blanket, I never expected that it would take long to knit. For some reason, I thought that I would be able to churn out square after square after square. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Seven months later, I have finished knitting square...albeit, ten fewer than originally planned.

Now, there's just one more thing...blocking and finishing! Yup, I have to join my 25 squares into one united project. I should be able to start this process over the weekend, but I really have no idea how much time it will take. I'm thinking about crocheting the squares together. It just seems like it would be the quickest way to get the job done. I'm also thinking of putting some kind of edging around the blanket once all of the pieces are together. You know, something to make it look really finished.

The only other dilemma I'm having is whether the blanket will need a backing. My big worry is that the knitting isn't firm enough to withstand years of use. For some reason, I think a simple backing might give it a little more sturdiness...Plus, it might help conceal all of the ends on the wrong side. I'll see how long the assembly process takes, first.

No comments: