Monday, November 06, 2006

actual knitting content...

I managed to finish the first of my UFOs over the weekend! (Sorry for the lack of pictures...I couldn't get any good light last night). I finished a new scarf, just in time to pull out the winter coat. I thought it was very fitting, since there's been talk on Grumperina's blog about what the proper scarf length should be. I usually like a scarf that is as long as I am tall...

For this scarf, I had decided to just keep knitting until all of the yarn was gone. That was a mistake! When I finally got to the end, my scarf measured a full 7.5 feet. Much too long for my 5'4" frame. I unraveled it to 60", and it's perfect!

I will be tackling the smaller unfinished projects first. This morning, I grabbed my unfinished sock to knit on the bus. I only have 8 pattern repeats and toe shaping to complete this project. I will make sure I can get it done before the weekend. And, with any luck, the next pictures that I post on the blog will be taken with my new camera!

No comments: