Wednesday, April 14, 2004

100 beads...


Monday after work, I went to Beadazzled to see if I could find beads, instead of having to order the Jaeger ones specified in the pattern for Rosa. They have a great store and really helpful staff. If you're ever in DC, you should check it out. I was pointed in the direction of 8ยบ Seed Beads; that was the size that could be easily strung on the 4-ply cotton. Unfortunately, the didn't have the color I wanted, a matte cobalt, in stock.

I decided to go with a navy blue. These are glass beads, so they're washable. The only thing I don't like is that they have a slight shine to them, making them look a little plastic. So, I went home and started another swatch, this one with beads...


I strung on exactly 100 beads and thought I'd get some practice. It was a little weird at first, but I got the hang of it. I like the color contrast more than I thought I would. I'll be going back to the bead store this weekend to by the rest of the beads I need...All 4,100 of them!

No comments: