Monday, July 12, 2004

knitty weekend...


I was feeling rather out of it this weekend. I got up on Saturday morning and my body let me know that it wasn't really up for doing much of anything. So, it was a good weekend for knitting.

First thing Saturday, I just right into mon petit chou. Working with the elasticized yarn is kind of fun since it's springy. However it takes a little getting used to. I had to figure out a way of keeping a good tension without making the stitches so tight that I could move them along the needles.

I should have practiced the stitch pattern a little while before jumping in. Reading the lace pattern takes a lot of attention, but it gets easy once you get the hang of it. I made one mistake early on -- I'm sure most people wouldn't notice it -- and that was my warning that I should slow down a bit. I left that mistake alone since I had knit about 8 more rows before I even noticed it.

Later I made another mistake that I was able to go back and fix. If you knit this pattern, take your time. Ripping back is tricky since the stitches all "shrink" once off the needle. Not to mention keeping track of the lace pattern itself.

I'm almost done with the front. And, I love the look of it so much I ordered more yarn to make a second set!

No comments: