Thursday, November 17, 2005

lucky, my @$$...

I did absolutely no knitting last weekend. I spent hour after hour packing up my belongings. This situation wasn't completely my choice. See, Thursday afternoon, I had a meeting, away from my office, in another building. It was supposed to start at 1pm and last an hour. Well, when I finally make my way back to daylight, it was almost 4! Argh! So, I had to decide whether to make the 20 minute walk back to my office (where I had left Lucky), or to go straight home...Hmm, guess what I did. So, Lucky sat in my desk drawer all weekend.

I picked the front piece up again Monday and continued working on the neck and arm shaping. With all of the decreases, I started flying through rows. Well, that's where my lucky ran out. I finished all of the arm decreases...But, I will have about 10 more decreases that need to be made on the neck edge. Huh? According the schematic in the book, the two edges should meet at a point. That's not what mine does!

So, I searched through the knitalong and found this post. It made me feel better because I wasn't alone, but it still doesn't solve my problem. So, I could do what the designer suggested in her response, or I can try to work out the row-by-row directions...Knowing me, I will take the time to work this out, and end up re-knitting the front.

No comments: