Wednesday, January 18, 2006

first FO of 2006...

Yup. I actually finished something over the long weekend. Unfortunately, it wasn't Lucky. I made a lot of progress, though. I blocked and seamed the pieces together. Now, all I have to do is finish the neckbang. At last count, the neckband is just under 5 feet long, which means that I will have about 20 more inches to knit.

My 1st finished object of the year is Branching Out!


Here's a close-up of the lace before blocking...

Here's the lace pattern while blocking...

The scarf is a little shorter than I would like, but I was limited to two skeins of yarn. The finished product is about 55 inches long. In the end, I decided to make two identical pieces and graft them together. I'm really glad I did. It gave me a little practice for my next project, which requires you to graft the top half of the body to the bottom half...Can you guess what's up next?

1 comment:

sturdygirl said...

Hey! Pretty scarf. I am guessing you are going to do the Lace Leaf pullover - am I right?

Thanks for linking to me. I imagine we know each other but without a picture, I'm not sure! Send me an email - link in in my sidebar. Cheers-

http://knittingaloud.blogspot.com