Tuesday, January 03, 2006

one last purchase...

I've made up my mind. I will be putting myself on another yarn diet this year. But, before I start, I couldn't resist making on more enhancement to the stash. Sometimes, there are deals that are just too good to resist. This time, it's Lion brand Kool Wool for $1.25/skein. I got mine, now go get yours!

I will be changing the rules this year. Instead of setting the day that my diet will end, I am going to pick projects to complete before I can buy more yarn. I am going to aim to complete seven projects, using only stashed yarn, before I end my diet. Why seven? Well, over the holiday, I started going through the books and magazines that I have, and came across at least 10 that I really would like to make (and wear). These range from small items like scarves and hats, to a number of sweaters. Sometime this week, I will be adding the seven projects to the sidebar.

I'm not really sure how long it will take to make my way through seven projects. However, if I stick to this version of a yarn diet, I think I'll actually see the size of my stash decrease. Isn't that the point?

No comments: