Tuesday, January 23, 2007

continuing resolution...

Knit Year resolutions...I have been trying to decide whether to participate in some kind of yarn diet this year. It would be the third year in a row to begin with a yarn diet. Instead of looking for reasons why I should be part of a yarn diet, I looked for reasons why not to...As you could imagine, there were very few reason why I shouldn't.

Next, I started thinking of projects that I've been wanting to knit for a while. It wasn't too hard to think of projects that I had already bought yarn for. I also have yarn that will be very easy to find a pattern for. So, I will be yarn dieting, again.

This years rules:

  1. The 1st seven of '07/Knit-From-Your-Stash will continue until all seven projects are complete
  2. I will not buy yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
    2.a. Sock yarn does not count. (taken from Wendy & L-B)
    2.b. If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project
    2.c. I get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card (taken from Wendy & L-B) -- will most likely use this around birthday time.
  3. I must complete 2006 UFOs before casting on for 2007 projects

The list:

  • Log Cabin Throw (tbd, wedding gift for a friend)
  • Michael Kors Aran tee (Vogue Knitting, Holiday 2005)
  • Starsky (Knitty, Winter 2005)
  • Fiery Bolero (Interweave, Summer 2005)
  • Ene's Scarf (Scarf Style)
  • Deep V Argyle Vest (Eunny Yang)
  • Hush Hush (Knitty, Summer 2004)

I also resolve to post a leat one knitting picture to the blog each week. Things are very busy Chez needleGirl, but I should be able to snap at least one quick picture a week...Afterall, I did get myself a new digital camera for something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, just surfing the knitting blogs and saw that you lived in dc, i'm in alexandria, i consider myself an advanced beginner, but afraid of the big projects. tons of friends, but none that knit much, so just wondering if you're willing to teach or pass on some knowledge, liddyhogan@yahoo.com