Tuesday, January 30, 2007

nothing but trouble...

I really hate to admit it, but my Gatsby Girl has been nothing but trouble for me. So far, I have had to re-knit one of the sleeves...the picot edge didn't match on the two. I knit a majority of the back twice...I forgot to change needle sizes after the picot edge. As I came close to the armhole shaping on the front, I decided to compare it to the back...They're the same length, even though my notes tell me that I have another 10 rows to knit before starting my shaping!

I have literally taken the project, balled it up, and thrown it in a bag. I just don't know how I'm going to deal with this. I'm so tired of 1x1 ribbing. And, I can think of nothing more torturous than having to restart this project...Perhaps what I need is some distance from Gatsby girl. You know, some time to reflect on my options.

Remember, I said that I would finish my UFOs from last year before moving on to the 1st seven of '07...But, would Gatsby be a UFO if I have to restart it? What if I move this project from the UFO list to the 1st seven list? Does that count as cheating?

Oh well...While Gatsby waits in purgatory, I have picked up Butterfly after a very long hiatus. It took some time to decipher my pattern notes and figure out where I had left off, but I'm heading in the right direction. I have a few more rows to knit, and this one will be blocking in no time.

No comments: