Wednesday, January 31, 2007

i'm gonna build a log cabin...

A couple of months ago, a very good friend announced that he had just gotten engaged. Not only is Mr. I a friend, he was AF's best man. I quickly started to think of gifts that would be appropriate for the happy couple. I'm not so sure they will register anywhere, and I want the gift that I get them to be truly special...Of course what could be more special than something that I make myself? So, I'm going to make them a blanket.

Since I don't have many blanket patterns, I went searching the Interweb for inspiration. Needless to say, there was no shortage of inspiration. However, there was one blanket that stuck out from the rest...the log cabin! I'm not sure why this design appealed to me at first, but I was especially impressed with the version found here and possible designs being tested here. Pure genius!

So, I thought I'd try my hand at designing a Log Cabin blanket for the couple. So far, I've come up with this design:
I wanted the blocks to be organized, but still a little random looking. Also, the colors are nothing like what I'm envisioning...I be working in three shades or brown that I bought from Elann at the end of last year.

Oh, and speaking of log cabins...This is where you'll find me this weekend. Perhaps, I'll start my Log Cabin a the cabin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I LOVE the off center ones. I've been thinking A LOT about log cabins lately. I might be gearing up for my next one.

Have fun!