Monday, March 19, 2007

sock madness: round 2...

This week, I'm gearing up for the next round of Sock Madness. The first round officially closed on Saturday...Although there were several people who knit this pattern in 2 days, a new pair of socks finished in a week is nothing to sneeze at.

The new pattern is supposed to be released some time Thursday afternoon/evening. Until then, I will be swatching and picking yarn. All I know is that this pattern calls for a sport weight yarn, yet it should be knit at 7 stitch per inch. The organizers recommend a variegated yarn, but say that any color will do.

In round 2, I am paired up with Kellie. To advance another round, I will have to complete the socks and submit a picture before she does. I'm hoping that the pattern will be released before I leave work on Thursday, so I can cast-on on the way home from work. I'm busy all day next Saturday, and will have to make up some time on Sunday. I have a feeling this next round will take me longer than 3 days.

1 comment:

Ilix said...

Good luck on your socks! The others were fantastic!