Tuesday, August 28, 2007

log cabin running low...

I'm running out of time and yarn. I've been working during all of my free time to finish up the Log Cabin Blanket. Last week, I finished another row of blocks, and even re-knit the block that I think I lost...I was at 57%, and figured I should check out how much more yarn I had.

Well, when I opened up the stash, I was sadly to find that I only had 3 balls of each color left. I don't think that's going to be enough to make my original design:

Log Cabin 1
Unfortunately, Elann doesn't carry the yarn that I'm using in the colors I need anymore. I decided that I would make an amended version of the blanket. It's going to be only 5x5, instead of 5x7 as I originally intended. I've come this far, so I have to finish this project. The new version will look like this:
Log Cabin 2
With the quick design change, and another few days of knitting, I'm 84% done with the knitting! With the wedding two weeks away, I feel a lot better with those numbers. My new goal is to have this ready for the happy couple when they return from the honeymoon, some time in late-October.

No comments: