Wednesday, August 15, 2007

my california vacation...

In case anyone was wondering, I had a great time in Sacramento...I've actually been back for two weeks, now.

After a marathon flight (via Charlotte and Las Vegas), I was glad to see Maya at the airport. Somehow, we managed to stay up 'til 4am that first night. I was feeling exceptionally good for being awake over 24 hours!

Thursday, we spent the morning at a cafe. Maya did some work, while I worked on the Log Cabin Blanket. I had finished one square on the plane, and was well into another by the time we left the cafe. We then went to lunch with some of Maya's friends. After lunch, we visited Rumpelstiltskin to buy some yarn and needles. It was a cute little store, but the stock at the time was a little limited. Maya and I decided that we would make Roza's Socks as a knit along.

Friday morning, we started packing up for our weekend at Oz Farm in Mendocino. For Maya's birthday, went spent the weekend in a domes structure that the farm rents. That's right, we spent a few days in a geodesic dome! The setting was awesome, looking out over an open field.


Oh, and there was also knitting to be had!

That's Laura, who got a crash course in knitting. She picked it up like a natural!

No comments: