Wednesday, October 20, 2004

just one knot...


That's all! I am about 10 rows away from the shoulder shaping for Kirk and I realized something. After completing 2 sleeves and 80% of the back, I have only come across one knot in the cone of yarn that I'm using. At first, I thought it would be a drag not being able to take this project on the bus. Now, I've changed my mind. I like the fact that I haven't had to join new skeins or worry about how I would weave in loose ends with such a bulky yarn. Plus, the pieces of this sweater are much too big and bulky to take on the road.

I had even considered getting a ball winder so that I could make this project portable...Now, I see that would just mean more work and more loose ends. This is the first time that I've bought yarn still on the cone. But, I've got the feeling that it won't be the last...

No comments: