Tuesday, October 26, 2004

peek-a-boo...


It was a very productive knitting weekend. The weather was completely uninspiring, so I was able to do a lot of knitting. Also, I found my cable needle! It was buried deep down in the belly of the sofa*. Thanks to this find, the front piece is flying by. I'm really surprised by how fast I've been able to work on this project. I might even have the knitting done next weekend.

I thought I'd show some pictures of the body and the glorious cable pattern (with and without stretch).





I decided to put Peggy on hold for a little while. Now that I've finished the fronts with the bobbles, I'm a little torn about the overall design of the weather. It's pretty short, only an 11 inch side seam, and I'm having a very hard time figuring out what I would wear it with. So, I'm going to concentrate on Christmas gifts. I'll probably pick it back up soon...well, after I'm done with Kirk and have some idea of what my BF's sweater will look like.

*BF has a favorite spot on the sofa and will move my knitting if I leave it in that spot. Usually, this isn't a problem...but this time I think he missed seeing the cable needle when he moved the body aside. Oh, he also manages to sit on knitting needles without noticing. Don't ask me how...

No comments: