Thursday, August 18, 2005

knitting news!

Okay, I'm trying to break out of the slump. So, I'm taking baby steps.

1st - I have started Posy. Mine will be black with light blue trim...very functional. The lace pattern is easy to follow, though I wouldn't say I have it memorized. So far, I have a sleeve and a half. I'm taking this with my on my road trip this weekend.

2nd - Another LAST-MINUTE KNITTED GIFTS rant. This weekend, I'm going to a bridal shower. The bridesmaid who arranged it decided to have Christmas theme. Everyone is supposed to bring an ornament for the couple's first Christmas tree. I set about making an ornament like the ones that I made my mom last year. Well, when it came time to insert the bulb, the f#*king thing broke!

I had to think fast...so, I picked up the aforementioned book and quickly decide that I would make the mini-sweater ornament. It is in the section of one-hour gifts. You'll never guess how much time I spent making a little green and white striped sweater! I started last night and got to the point where you join the pieces at the yoke. That, alone, took a little over an hour. I finished knitting it this morning before leaving for work. I was then left with a disproportionately large number of ends that needed to be woven in. I got most of those done on the bus to work. And sewed up the sides at my desk...Thankfully I got to the office early.

All in all, I would say close to three hours were spent! Once again, I find that these are great last-minute gifts, but don't believe the times in the book!

3rd - I got my copy of the new Rowan! I <3 Rowan. I can't wait for it to cool off so I can make Tara or Pandora or Electra! In the meanwhile, I might make the scarf that came as a gift for renewing.

No comments: