Thursday, December 16, 2004

deck them halls and trim that tree...


Done and done...Last night we put the rest of the decorations on the tree. It looks much better, but I can't help but want more ornaments for the tree. Most of the bulbs that we bought last year were pretty plain. It was the first tree of my own, and I didn't splurge on anything fancy. I was just happy to have a fresh tree in my livingroom. So, there's an assortment of silver and red balls, some bells, and some angels.

But, there is one new addition worth mentioning. I started working on the second portion of my mom's present -- a set of crocheted ornaments. I like them so much I that I had to keep one for myself...



I'm actually going to be giving my mom and my aunt each a set of four. So far, I've finished the four for my mom. They are made with a size 6 steele hook and take no time at all to make. The hardest parts to crochet are the last two rows, the ones that pull the work tight to the ornament. Perhaps I'll make a whole set for myself.

No comments: