Monday, February 14, 2005

3rd time's a charm...


Over the weekend, I cast on for the top of mon petit chou. Last summer when the pattern was first released by Knitty, I quickly bought yarn and started knitting this project. It took me 3 tries before I got the bottom right. The first time, I kept running into pattern problems. The second time, my gauge was too tight. Since I wasn't used to working with elastic, I kept pulling the stitches tight. Finally, I relaxed and was able to finish the bottom.

Then I cast on for the top. I was quickly heading down the same path. After starting the top, I read about some corrections to the pattern. Then the second attempt was thwarted by choosing the wrong size for the top. So, it got ripped again and was placed on the back burner. Well, before casting on again, I thought I would go back to Knitty to see if anything else had changed. Am I ever glad I did! There have been more corrections made since last July. So, I printed out an updated version, and I'm ready to go!

No comments: