Tuesday, February 15, 2005

not knitting related...


I'm currently looking to adopt a cat, and have been going around the apartment trying to get it ready to bring home a little critter. Unfortunately, our first choice kitty -- who we met on Sunday at the shelter -- is no longer available. They said that owners have 5 days to claim a pet that is brought in to the shelter. And, Sunday was the last day...Well, I got a call this morning letting me know that the owners came in today (day 7). So, the good news is that the cat gets to go back to it's comfy home...the bad new is that I have to go look for another kitty.

I think my BF and I are going to go check out the shelter again on Thursday night. We'll play with some of the cats we didn't look at on our first visit and maybe there will be some new rescues as well. If we don't fine one there we might try another area shelter or rescue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They way my husband chose our kitty was by going in and out of the cat rooms for about an hour. The cat we got was the only one who still got up to come to the grill after an hour.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I'll have to keep that in mind when we go back to the shelter.