Wednesday, April 13, 2005

yarn diet recap...


Last Friday was the last day of my yarn diet. I give myself a B for effort that I put in. In the three months on the diet. I completed one project with yarn pulled from my stash, and I started a second.

I can't say that this was a truly successful yarn diet because I did buy some yarn. I made one big exception when I bought new yarn to make the Rebecca wrap. Since I plan on wearing it to a wedding at the beginning of May, I didn't want to wait until the end of the diet to buy and start this project. The other yarn I bought was gifted to my Secret Pal. I also ordered some yarns that arrived on my birthday.* All in all, I spent about $135 on yarn in the first quarter of 2005.

I'm glad I went on the yarn diet...It really made me think about what kinds of projects I want to make and how much can be done with the materials I already have. However, I did not achieve the true goal of reducing the space that my stash takes up. Actually, it has increased in volume since January and I can no longer close the lid on the rubbermaid container. I'm not crazy enough to think about extending this diet, but I do need to get organized.

So, this weekend, I will be working up a list of possible projects. This will by my wishlist for the Spring/Summer. And, I'll start working these projects once I'm done with my final SP4 gift.

*I have been advised, by Ms Amica Clandestina (aka my Secret Pal), that this is fine.

No comments: