Wednesday, March 30, 2005

"The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation." -- Oscar Wilde


Yarn Diet, Schmarn Diet...To heck with it all! I know that there are only 9 more days 'til the end of my Yarn Diet...but, today I gave in to temptation.

Recently, I added a new eBay seller to my yarn temptation watchlist. This morning, my visit to her store was innocent enough...I just wanted to order a copy of the new Rowan mag, which I still haven't received.* Well, the offer that was featured today was just too good to resist! Not only was I able to order the magazine, but I also ordered 3 packs of Rowan cotton/blends. I got one pack of Cotton Glace, a pack of All Seasons Cotton, and a pack of Handknit DK for $100...Oh, and that includes shipping from the UK! The magazine was $20 + $10 for shipping, but is well worth the cost when you consider how much I saved on the yarn.

I'm not going to try to come up with some lame justification for making this purchase. I don't have any specific projects in mind. None of these is what I would call a favorite...Actually, I've never used any of them. The only thing I can say is that the price was right!

* This is quite a long story, that I will not go into. I don't want to flame anyone, I just want a copy of the magazine.

4 comments:

Maya said...

Who is the seller!?! I want cheep yarn!

Anonymous said...

Jannette's Rare Yarns

Get it while it's hot!

Anonymous said...

If the yarn doesn't arrive until the Yarn Diet is over, you havn't violated the YNBA, you've just planned ahead!

AC

Anonymous said...

That's another way to look at it!

You know me...always planning ahead. :P