Wednesday, March 23, 2005

back to work...


I'm back from my weekend trip to New York. Once I got off the bus, there wasn't much time for knitting. I did get a little knitting in here and there, but not as much as I would have liked.

Since I'm technically still on my yarn diet, I didn't make a point to find any of the famed stores in New York. I did pop in to a small store in my friends' neighborhood in Hoboken. It was cute and well stocked with Rowan's line.

I made a lot of progress on the Onde raglan. I would have been able to finish it on the bus ride home yesterday, but I ran into a problem with the pattern translation. After the first set of raglan decreases, I had more stitches remaining the pattern said I should. Also, the neck shaping is hard to decipher. If I follow the directions as stated, I have about 6 stitches fewer than needed to properly finish the neck. So, instead of getting frustrated on the bus, I decided that it would wait until I got home.

This morning on the way to work, I took a look at the pattern in French...My French is very rusty and I'm not too familiar with their knitting terms. But, I could clearly read the neck shaping decreases and they are not the same as written in the translation. I'm going to rip back to the place where the front splits and try again. Then the pieces will be ready for blocking on my new Sew E-Z board, which came last Friday!

No comments: