Monday, September 19, 2005

humble beginnings...

Friday morning, I completed the front of Posy. The knitting is officially finished. Now, all I need is the motivation to block the pieces and do the seaming. I usually don't have the energy to pull out the blocking board once I get home from work. But, I'm really looking forward to finishing this project, so I'll have to make an exception.

Once Posy was off the needles, I strolled down to the post office to figure out what had happened to the package I had been expecting. The counterperson was very helpful, but not at all apologetic. She quickly found my package, but said nothing about why my mail carrier had not delivered it to my apartment or left additional notices in the last 2 weeks. In the end, I was just glad that it had not been returned to sender, and my 2 week delay was ended. With new yarn in hand, I headed back to the apartment.

With nothing else planned for the day, I wasted no time casting on for AB^3. To avoid having to pick up 187 stitches to create the lower border, I used a provisional cast on. In the first hour, I think I had completed 5 rows! That's when I knew that this project was going to really test my endurance.

No comments: