Friday, September 23, 2005

where did i go wrong?

I've been making great progress on AB^3. I actually made it past the first two-thirds of the first chart. (FYI, the first chart is 130 rows long, with 187 stitches in each row). That's not too bad for one week's work. Of course, the 7 hours in the car last weekend helped a lot.

This morning, after knitting a couple of rows along with my morning coffee, I noticed that something had gone amiss. So far, I've made few mistakes, but they've been easy to fix. You know...stuff like forgetting a yarn over, but catching it on the next row. No big deal. So, I'm not sure how I let this one slip!


I know it doesn't look like much on it's own, but when compared to the chart, this is one major flub! From the looks of it, I misplaced a "K2tog, yo, K2tog, yo" and never noticed. (it's the top-right side of the "V" that is wonky.

Not being one to leave such a problem alone, I quickly decided that it needed to be fixed...Now! In order to get to the problem spot, I had to drop 11 rows of work. 'Cos, face it, I wasn't going to rip out 11 rws @ 187 st per row!

(WARNING: The next picture is not for the weak at heart)

Using another set of needles, I was able to correct the err of my ways. And, thankfully, this bit of morning madness has a happy ending!

No comments: