Wednesday, September 21, 2005

stash diving...

Like many, I'm in an ongoing struggle with my stash. On one hand, I hate the fact that it takes up half of my hallway closet. At the same time, I keep coming across yarns that I want for projects that I would like to make. Right now, my stash is right on the verge of being "out of hand." I even went so far as to put myself on a Yarn Diet at the beginning of the year. I was able to go four months without buying new yarn, but it's been downhill from there.

Well, this morning, I pulled my tub-o-yarn out of the closet. I was looking for something that would make a good project to take on the bus with me. I thought a scarf would be perfect. Thankfully, I didn't have to dig too deep. I came across the two skeins of KnitPick's Andean Silk that I had leftover from the Rebecca Wrap that I made back in the spring.

So, my new bus-project is Teva Durham's Leaf Cravat from the Winter 2003 Interweave. I've made one of these before, but it was gifted away as soon as I finished it. This one is going to be all mine!

No comments: