Wednesday, November 10, 2004

keeping up with Peggy...


Once I finished Kirk, I started thinking about what to do with Peggy. I'm hoping for a solution that involves as little re-knitting as possible. But, in reality, it looks like I'm practically restarting this project. I also wanted a project to take with me on the plane today. And, this one is as good as any.

So, my plan of attack starts with knitting the sleeves. That's the only part that I had not started yet. I'm going to work the sleeves in the dye lot that I was able to get more of last week. That should make for good airplane project. I'm hoping to kick out one of them during the trip. Once I have the sleeves out of the way and know how much yarn is left from the 4 new skeins, I should be able to tell how much of the fronts/back will need to be ripped out.

I keep telling myself that this will be worth it in the end. I'm also just stubborn enough to make this work. Oh, and a gluten for punishment who sometimes enjoys doing things the hard way.

No comments: