Wednesday, November 10, 2004

oops! no picture...


Kirk is done! I was able to get the zipper in place and sew it on. And, take it from me, it looks great. Unfortunately, I forgot to snap a picture of it to put up. I was much too busy packing for my trip to Chicago. So, that will have to wait until next week.

It took me three attempts to get the zipper in place with the two sides lined up. Then I basted the zipper tape to the sweater. This was an essential step because there was no way that I would have been able to use my sewing machine with all of the pins in the way. But, the hardest part of the ordeal was the actual sewing. The cabled sections of the sweater were almost too think and there were a few points where the presser foot of my machine almost got caught on some of the stitches.

I love the look of a zipper. However, I don't think I will machine sew a zipper to a chunky knit. I am planning on putting a zipper in my BF's sweater, but it will be a much smaller gauge. Oh, and it will be a separating zipper, so I won't as much fabric to wrestle with.

Okay, picture next week. Promise!

No comments: