Monday, November 08, 2004

zipper anxiety...


Yesterday, I trekked up the Pike to get a zipper. It's the very last piece that I need to finish Kirk. The seaming came out very well and the sweater looks wonderful...I'm just a little worried about how this zipper is going to turn out.

I am planning using my sewing machine to sew the front edge to the zipper tape. My main concern is making sure that the knit fabric doesn't get pulled while sewing...which could happen if the zipper foot got caught in a stitch. I think the best way for me to avoid this problem will be by pinning the zipper in place, then sewing on the wrong side.

Oh well, I'm hoping to pull my sewing machine out of the closet after dinner tonight. I'm only putting in a 10 inch zipper, so it shouldn't take too long.

No comments: