Wednesday, November 03, 2004

seaming up election night...


Last night I was dead tired. I had gotten up early, voted, and made it home in one piece. Thought I would stay up until about nine then call it a day. But, for some reason, I couldn't turn the TV off. I ended up watching the NBC coverage of the election even though I could feel my eyes close up. Since I was up, I decided to go ahead and join the sleeves...At least something good came of last night.

At 10:30, I called it a day...With 2 perfectly seamed sleeves. I even had my BF try on the half-seamed sweater to see if the shoulders sat nicely...I also tried it on myself but it just hung on me like a potato sack, with the shoulder seams hanging down my arms and the body ending nearly at my knees. My dad is about 6'5", so it should be perfect for him.

Let me tell you, the sweater is very heavy! And very warm. Depending on what kind of weather the DC area gets this winter, it might be more like a jacket than a sweater.

Seaming the sides will begin tonight and this weekend's mission will be to find a zipper for the neck...Looks like I'll be riding the rails into suburbia. G St Fabrics, here I come!

No comments: