Wednesday, February 22, 2006

another slow week...

I haven't done much knitting since last week, even with a four-day weekend. I managed to finish the first piece of Butterfly. I even picked up the stitches for the second. I started working the lace pattern for about 10 rows before I noticed that I hadn't strung beads on the new ball of yarn that I was using...I minor speedbump really, but I haven't been in the mood to rip back yet.

I also spent a little time with Lucky. After knitting 1x1 rib for an hour, I tried the sweater on. I'm still about 5 inches short on one of the ties. This has really become a chore. I think I'll be sitting down with a movie (for entertainment) and drinks (to numb the pain of ribbing) this weekend in order to finish it.

I even started something new, then quickly set it aside. Last Wednesday, I started the Retro Rib Socks from Interweave (Winter04). I got off to a good start, then discovered that I had left the pattern at work over the weekend. Once I got to the start of the heel flap I had to stop. I have the pattern back now...just have to get the ball rolling again.

No comments: