Tuesday, February 28, 2006

it happened on a monday...

Lucky made her debut yesterday morning, when I wore her to work! After months of anticipation, everything went over without a hitch. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a decent picture of myself before running out the door...For some reason every picture that I took with the auto-timer made me look like a deer caught in headlights. The ones that I took while pointing the camera at myself came out blurry. I was able to snap a decent picture this morning.


Pattern: Lucky from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation

Yarn: Silk City Perle 3/2 Cotton, color Silver Sage. Bought this yarn from Elann a while back, but never figured out what to do with it. I was still on the cone, which meant there were very few ends to weave in once I was done.

Needles: size 3 (3.0mm)

Size: I made the size small. Although the size is correct, the sweater is a little boxier than I thought it would be.

I don't want to pass too much judgment about the pattern. I will, however, say that I would not knit another one. In the future, I will think twice about making a sweater that includes any tied neck/waistband. I'm not sure which part was worse, knitting the neckband or sewing it onto the sweater.

I'm pretty happy with the outcome, but it took a lot of effort to finish this piece. And, it looks like I'm done just in time for Spring!

No comments: