Tuesday, May 31, 2005

it's baby season...


Over the weekend, I was invited to a baby shower the last weekend of June. The mother-to-be was the maid of honor at the wedding that I attended earlier this month. I had met her a few time over the past few year, but we really hit it off in Florida. She mentioned that she was going to be having a shower in the DC area and I told her I would love to come...Now, the pressure is on. I know that I could just go buy something and call it a day. However, the BTB is really creative and I know that she would appreciate something handknit.

Today I start the Big, Bad Baby Challenge! The shower is on June 26th, so I have exactly 26 days to knit. All other projects will be put on hold until I finish the challenge. I cast on this morning for the Child's Placket-Neck Pullover from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. I already had some "kiwi" TLC Cotton Plus in my stash. And, as luck would have it, the MTB had mentioned that they were decorating in a lime green and yellow.

I'm also thinking about making the Big, Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch 'n Bitch, but I'm having a hard time determining how long this blanket would take to complete. I have scanned a few knitblogs, and there's a hug variation. I found some knitters who finished this in about 2 weeks. On the other hand, there were many examples that took well over two months. My personal speed will depend on whether I am able to work on this project on the bus.

Oh well, I'll just focus on the pullover for now.

2 comments:

dlishtrish said...

I was in the two months camp for the one I did. However, if you are going to be taking the project on the bus it's a good one for that and you may make it in time. The edging takes the most time, but once you get into the "meat" of the blanket it's pretty mindless.

needleGirl said...

Thanks for the input...I think I'm going to go for it. The baby isn't due until late-August. If I'm not done in time for the shower, I could always mail it to the MTB later.