Tuesday, May 31, 2005

it's baby season...


Over the weekend, I was invited to a baby shower the last weekend of June. The mother-to-be was the maid of honor at the wedding that I attended earlier this month. I had met her a few time over the past few year, but we really hit it off in Florida. She mentioned that she was going to be having a shower in the DC area and I told her I would love to come...Now, the pressure is on. I know that I could just go buy something and call it a day. However, the BTB is really creative and I know that she would appreciate something handknit.

Today I start the Big, Bad Baby Challenge! The shower is on June 26th, so I have exactly 26 days to knit. All other projects will be put on hold until I finish the challenge. I cast on this morning for the Child's Placket-Neck Pullover from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. I already had some "kiwi" TLC Cotton Plus in my stash. And, as luck would have it, the MTB had mentioned that they were decorating in a lime green and yellow.

I'm also thinking about making the Big, Bad Baby Blanket from Stitch 'n Bitch, but I'm having a hard time determining how long this blanket would take to complete. I have scanned a few knitblogs, and there's a hug variation. I found some knitters who finished this in about 2 weeks. On the other hand, there were many examples that took well over two months. My personal speed will depend on whether I am able to work on this project on the bus.

Oh well, I'll just focus on the pullover for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the input...I think I'm going to go for it. The baby isn't due until late-August. If I'm not done in time for the shower, I could always mail it to the MTB later.