Thursday, May 19, 2005

on my tiptoe...


Yesterday, I worked on my sock a little more. I was at the very end, shaping the toe. Once I went through all of the short-rows, I decided to try on the sock before stitching the toe closed...

It's a good thing that I did. The sock is about 1/2 an inch too long for my foot. I'm not sure what happened. I either measured my heel incorrectly, or my gauge changed once I started knitting the sock. Either way, I will need to rip back and re-knit the toe. I'm going to save this for the weekend, instead of trying to do it on the bus.

Stay tuned...Next week, I cast on sock #2...I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find a lot of the time with socks, that I'll get the measurements rights, I just want a tighter sock. I just finished apair that I frogged about an inch out of because it was too wide, even though I was right on gauge. Socks are funny that way, but at least they're small.